Tutorials on how to speed up your Start menu

Some time when you click your start menu it would take some second or more before it will finally puffs up. I have also experience that with my pc... using Windows Xp Professional Edition
But the time when I change the default value from 400 to 0 boy my start up menus runs like hell ...

just follow the simple steps below..


The default speed of the Start Menu is pretty slow, but you can fix that by editing a Registry Key. Fire up the Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop \ MenuShowDelay

By default, the value is 400. Change this to a smaller value, such as 0, to speed it up.



Speed up the Start Menu " I call this another version of speeding up your start menu"


This is one of the most effective techniques to run your start menu faster, My suggestion that don't just apply the first one. but also the second one.. after you follow all this step.. see it for yourself the difference..

Navigate to Display Properties then Appearance then Advanced and turn off the option titled Show menu shadow . You will get much better overall performance.