Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

This is the second installment to the Prince of Persia franchise, developed by Ubisoft as always, takes off where Prince of Perisa: Sands of Time took off.... Well this is how the story goes....

Following the revelations of Sands of Time, the sands of time were opened in the previous game by the prince unaware of what dangers it was going to bring, which only means one thing and that is that whoever opens the sands of time must die....since he did not die in the previous game, an unstoppable beast chases him called the "Dahaka" who is the guardian of the timeline that hunts down individuals who don't belong in the timeline, bringing balance back to the timeline.

With this in mind, the Prince has only come to one conclusion and that is to travel to the Island of Time, to meet the Empress of Time, where he will prevent her from ever creating the sands, thus meaning the Dahaka won't exist....

This game has evolved some what from the prequel, I just thought that the game was absolutely brilliant, I'm sure others would disagree with me, but that is just my opinion, I had a lot of fun with it, and considering how hard some parts were it just made oh so sweeter when I finally beat the game, mind you I got this game recently while it was on sale.


Well the gameplay is pretty much the same as Sands of Time, but it does have some key changes to it, in this game you can duel wield certain weapons, one weapon being the main weapon, and the other weapon is one you can pick up anywhere within the game such as from Enemies.

Also the free form fighting has been improved slightly you can still vault, and use the surroundings to your advantage, but now you can leap over your enemies at the press of a button, and have the option of hurling them to a distant, taking there weapon thus killing them, slicing there heads clean off, or my personal favourite strangling them until they suffocate.

The prince in this game is some what more "macho" if I don't say so myself, still blessed with the abilities to wall run across and up walls, he can leap from wall to wall also, and has an incredibly ridiculous balance. He is seen as much more darker, you can see this from his image where he has some tattoos, and he uses curse words which didn't exist in the previous games, such as "Die you Bitch"..

The one thing in this game that frustrated me was the obstacles, some were easy to figure out, and some were just plain annoying to find out, I'd say that the length of the game was a tad shorter than Sands of Time, but still long none the less, considering the amount of traps you had to dodge and the ridiculously hard obstacles.

In the previous game if you noticed, the enemies didn't really spurt out blood, where as in this game it was more realistic the enemies spurted out blood, and in my opinion were much tougher than the enemies in Sands of Time.


Another thing that occurred to me was how "mature" the play games was in comparison to the Sands of Time, such examples are obviously Shadhee in the beginning of the game, where she is shown with a rather revealing attire showing the sexually explicit nature of some of the characters. This is also shown within the Empress of Time as well.

The music was pretty good, it had a much more "rock" element to it, where Sands of Time really didn't have any music besides Persian music, well duh the game is Prince of Persia right?

Overall the game wasn't bad, and I really did have a good time playing it, the more frustrating it got, the more determined I was to beat it....it had good graphics, good characters, and an awesome display of gameplay imo. If I lost a copy of this game I'd definitely go out and buy another copy

My advice to people is if you REALLY want to enjoy this free games , do play the first game, because it would REALLY make a lot more sense, keeping in mind I played this game first, than Sands of Time.

Rate: 10/10